On Wednesday October 28th, 2020, from 8:30 am to 10:00 am, a breakfast will be hold on the theme“Invalidation of the Privacy Shield, a chance for Europe”.
On July 16, 2020, the CJEU invalidated the Privacy Shield, which governed the transfer of data between Europe and the United States, on the pretext that it did not offer a sufficient level of protection with regard to the GDPR. If it is to make it possible to advance the rights of Europeans, this decision and the legal vacuum it creates are first of all a source of uncertainty and costs for European companies, forced to renegotiate countless contracts that have become obsolete at risk. to be sanctioned.
Is the invalidation of the Privacy Shield really a chance for Europe? How to seize it? What can we expect in terms of personal data protection? What concrete consequences for European societies? How to ensure compliance with the applicable rules and what means of appeal in the event of a sanction?
Several experts will speak at this event:
- Xavier Domecq and Jennifer Jouve, DPO, from the company Ilex
- Arthur Poirier, from the IT Law company
- Clémence Bejat, DPO, from the company Outscale.
You want to participate? please contact Amélie RIVES, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tracing, not Tracking (by Army General (2S) Watin-Augouard, Founder of the FIC) Legal Issues
- The “right to be forgotten”, a relative right (by Army General (2S) Watin-Augouard, Founder of the FIC) Legal Issues
- Why cybersecurity is a human rights issue, and it is time to start treating it like one (by Deborah Brown & Anriette Esterhuysen, Association for progressive communications) Legal Issues
- EncroChat: Deciphering of the End-to-End Encryption Service Used by Criminals Cybercrime
- Preserving Digital Footprints and Cyber Resilience: Training the Swiss Police (by Sébastien JAQUIER, Deputy Head of ILCE) Cybercrime
- Ransomware in Six Questions (by the Ministerial Delegation to the Security Industries and the Fight Against Cyberthreats, French Ministry of the Interior) Cybercrime
Cyber risks management
- The great cybersecurity challenge (by William Lecat, General Secretariat for Investment) Cyber risks management
- RSSI/CISO: The “swiss army knife” of cybersecurity! (by Delphine Chevallier, DG, Thalia NeoMedia) Cyber risks management
- Presentation of the EBIOS Risk Manager method (by the EBIOS Club) Cyber risks management